HCC Life Short Term Medical
HCC Life STM is a valuable solution for individuals temporarily lacking healthcare coverage. HCC Life STM is appropriate for
- Individuals transitioning between jobs
- College students or recent graduates
- New employees waiting for group coverage to begin
- Individuals not yet eligible for Medicare coverage /Individuals waiting on approval of major medical coverage
- Young adults no longer eligible on parents’ plan due to age or status
- Individuals looking for an affordable substitute for COBRA
The length of the coverage can vary from up to 6/12 months based on the State Benefits are based on usual and customary charges of the geographical area in which charges are incurred.
Eligibility criteria to apply for HCC Life STM are
- If you are age 2 through 64
- If you are not pregnant, an expectant father, or planning on adopting and should not be covered by other medical insurance
- You are not a member of the armed forces of any country, state or international organization, other than on reserve duty for 30 days or less.
- Dependents under age 19 and unmarried children below age 25 can be included as a covered dependent if enrolled as a full-time student.
Deductible can be from $250 to $7,500. A maximum of 3 deductibles are required per family before the plan pays for further expenses. On payment of deductible and coinsurance the remaining 100% eligible expenses is paid up to the coverage period maximum.
HCC Life Short Term Insurance covers charges incurred at an urgent care center after a $50 co-pay. Coverage also includes charges made by Physician, charges incurred for dressings, sutures and diagnostic testing. Expenses relating to complications of pregnancy are also covered.
The plan does not cover any pre-existing conditions, preventive or regular check up, dental or optical treatments, normal pregnancy or childbirth and sports injuries.